How to Track your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.2.1 With Find My iPhone for Free

Yesterday, I have posted an article about the release of iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users and the list of features added to it. The highlight feature which was added to this release is the previously paid Apple’s device tracking, locking, and wiping tool “Find My iPhone”. The Find My iPhone is a tracking application for the Apple’s products which will help you find your lost mobile or lock it remotely or completely wipe out the data from your device.

Find my iPhone How to Track your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.2.1 With Find My iPhone for Free

Previously Find My Phone was a paid app, available with MobileMe subscription. But now they made it free for the public. To get this app, working on any iOS device running iOS 4.2.1 follow the simple guide given below. But before that you must have, or borrow a friends 2010 iOS device, either an iPhone 4, iPod touch, or an iPad to get started.

First you need to create a free Find My iPhone account using your iPhone 4, iPad, or iPod touch 4th generation devices which is running iOS 4.2.1. Once the account is created, log in to the app using your existing Apple ID and password to enable this Find My iPhone on any iOS 4.2.1 device. If you are still not clear about the process, follow the step by step tutorial given below.
How to Track your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.2.1 With Find My iPhone for Free?

1. Launch the Apple App Store on your iOS device and download Find My iPhone app.

2. Then go to the Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > and add a MobileMe account. Now login using your existing Apple ID and once you’re connected turn on the Find My iPhone app.

MobileMe page How to Track your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.2.1 With Find My iPhone for Free

3. Now launch Find My iPhone and log in using your Apple ID on your 2010 iOS device. At the same time, on your non-2010 device log in with your Apple ID.

4. Once logged-in on your non-2010 device, head over to MobileMe login page by following this link to the Find My iPhone page.

That’s it. This is how you can track your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices running on iOS 4.2.1 with the Find my iPhone.

If you get any difficulties while following these steps, do share it with us, here in the comments section. We will help you to solve the problem. Also, if you find this tutorial useful, do share and tweet about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recommend us on Google!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More